Settled as a farming community well before the Revolutionary War, Union Bridge was chartered by the Maryland General Assembly on May 2, 1872.
The town’s leading industries are the Lehigh Portland Cement Company and the Maryland Mid-land Railroad located on North Main Street.
Visit our "History" page for more information about our small and beautiful communities past.
Public Hearing / Special Meeting Notice
A Public Hearing / Special Meeting will be held on June 8, 2020. Due to Governor Hogan's orders, the Council Chambers will only hold 9 residents (not including the Mayor, Council members and the town secretary/treasurer). The 9 additional places available will be on a first-come-first-served basis. The hearing and meeting will also be available online or you can listen using your smartphone. You can access the meeting using the following information.
Public Hearing - 6/8/20 @ 7:00 pm
Public Hearing on Proposed FY20/21 Budget at 7:00 p.m. followed by a Special Meeting.
Location: Town Hall.
Face masks, covering nose and mouth must be worn, social distancing will be enforced and your temperature will be taken. If you are feeling ill, please stay home.
Please join our GoToMeeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone by using the following link:
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
Access Code: 183-729-149
For the meeting agenda, please view scroll down to "Council Work Session - June 8, 2020.
At this time, the Town Hall is closed to the public. Any Water/Sewer payments paid in cash, should be in the exact amount; placed in an envelope and dropped in the "Drop Box".
The Town Hall will not be making change at this time!
During this challenging time, as we deal with the impacts of COVID-19, the Town of Union Bridge will continue to provide essential services for our residents. During this period of social distancing, the Town encourages using a telephone, email communication, and use of the “DropBox” rather than face to face interaction. The Town Hall will be closed to the public until May 15, 2020 when a re-evaluation will occur. Anyone needing to meet with town staff will need to make an appointment.
Union Bridge Mayor and Council
- It's Important
- It's Easy
- It's Safe
- It's Right Around the Corner - April 1, 2020
- The Census will be available online on March 12, 2020.
The law requires the Census Bureau to keep all information confidential and use it only to produce statistics.
Watch the video below for information about Carroll County's 2020 Census and how it impacts the all of Carroll County. If you would like to help collect data for Census 2020, click on the poster to the right to learn how to become a census taker and apply.
News & Notices:
2020 - Second Quarter Newsletter
- CARES Act - For information about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, visit this link to the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce website: http://cca.carrollcountychamber.org/covid-19.aspx
- Solar Project Status
- A new website has been created for the Annual Water Quality Reports that the town must post annually as mandated by the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE). Though you may have trouble finding it in your internet search engine since it is so new, you can directly access this new website by the following link:
- A tribute, 51 years overdue for a hometown Vietnam War hero, has been erected along Route 75 near Shepherds Mill Road, honoring his sacrifice for our country. Russell Milberry was drafted and arrived in Vietnam just 2 days before his 20th birthday and died just 5 days later. Visit the following link for more about Russell, https://www.wmar2news.com/news/veterans/a-tribute-51-years-overdue-for-fallen-vietnam-war-hero
NOTICE: Due to the current situation with the COVID19 pandemic, the Emergency Generator Project Pre-Bid meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 10 a.m. has been cancelled. We will re-post the RFP and communicate a new meeting date and time as soon as we are able. Thank you.
- New Service - The town will provide hauling services for brush removal (limbs/branches) by appointment. Call the Town Office at 410-775-2711 to set up an appointment. Residents will be responsible for loading brush items onto the truck.
- RECYCLING NOTICE: Residents should review the new "Plastic Bag Flyer" in relation to the use of plastic bags for recycling. This issue takes effect immediately.
- Union Bridge members speak about Deputy Brian Colussy
- PROPOSED “UTILITY SCALE SOLAR GENERATION FACILITY”
- Hughes Trash Removal: Trash and Recycling pick-up days are on Wednesdays.
Meetings begin at 7 PM
- March 23, 2020 - CANCELLED
- April 27, 2020 - ONLINE
- May 18, 2020 - Agenda
- June 15, 2020
- July 27, 2020
- August 24, 2020
- September 28, 2020
- October 26, 2020
- November 23, 2020
- December 28, 2020
Council Work Session:
Meetings begin at 6:30 PM
- April 13, 2020 - Agenda
- May 11, 2020
- June 8, 2020 - Agenda
- July 13, 2020
- August 10, 2020
- September 14, 2020
- October 19, 2020
- November 9, 2020
- December 14, 2020
Planning & Zoning Commission:
Meetings begin at 6:30 PM
- April 16, 2020
- May 21, 2020
- June 18, 2020
- July 19, 2020
- August 20, 2020
- September 17, 2020
- October 15, 2020
- November 19, 2020
- December 17, 2020
West Carroll Rec Council:
A new service is being provided by Trout's Market that provides delivery of food items to the area. For more information, see the flyer here.
The Carroll County Sheriff's Office has provided an "End of Year Review" for police activity in our community. This information is provided annually.