Settled as a farming community well before the Revolutionary War, Union Bridge was chartered by the Maryland General Assembly on May 2, 1872.
The town’s leading industries are the Lehigh Portland Cement Company and the Maryland Mid-land Railroad located on North Main Street.
Visit our "History" page for more information about our small and beautiful communities past.
LIFELINE SERVICES IN MARYLAND
Lifeline Awareness week is September 20-24, 2021. Lifeline is a federal program that helps limited income consumers pay for their telephone and internet services by providing a monthly discount. The cost of the program is shared by all telephone customers.
In Maryland the program is called Tel-Life.
Do I qualify for Lifeline services?
You are eligible for Lifeline if you or your dependent meet one of the below criteria:
· Earn 135% or less of the federal poverty limit
· Participate in one of these programs:
o Food Supplemental Program (SNAP)
o Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
o Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
o Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension
o Certain Tribal Programs
What services are covered by Lifeline?
You can apply Lifeline assistance to one of these options:
· Existing voice-fixed (home phone)
· Existing voice-mobile (cell phone)
· Standalone broadband internet (mobile or fixed)
· Existing or new bundles of voice (fixed or mobile) and broadband internet
For more information and to learn how to apply for Lifeline, check out the following links:
Union Bridge Water Quality Report
A new website has been created for the "Union Bridge Water Quality Report". The existing water report site will be removed by the vendor (Webs.com) in the near future. For now, both sites will be available. Links are provided in several locations on this website. Consumers should update your browser bookmarks to the new URL as soon as possible.
If you need assistance, have questions or want more information about this site, contact the Town Office.
The Town of Union Bridge would like to extend its most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to Ellen Cutsail, who has faithfully served on the town council since 2004. During her time on the council, Ms. Cutsail has had many responsibilities and served on numerous committees, which she completed with the utmost care and detail. She has been a valued asset to our town.
Thank you Ms. Cutsail. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
As of June 8, 2020, the Town Hall Foyer is open to
the public. Face Masks are required when you enter
the foyer, remember to practice social distancing and
use hand sanitizer.
During this challenging time, as we deal with the impacts of COVID-19, the Town of Union Bridge will continue to provide essential services for our residents. During this period of social distancing, the Town encourages using a telephone, email communication, and use of the “Drop Box” rather than face to face interaction.
News & Notices:
2021 - Fourth Quarter Newsletter
- CARES Act - For information about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, visit this link to the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce website:
- Solar Project Status
- Annual Water Quality Report
- Veteran Tribute
A tribute, 51 years overdue for a hometown Vietnam War hero, has been erected along Route 75 near Shepherds Mill Road, honoring his sacrifice for our country. Russell Milberry was drafted and arrived in Vietnam just 2 days before his 20th birthday and died just 5 days later. Visit the following link for more about Russell:
- JOB OPPORTUNITY
MAINTENANCE TECH POSITION
- New Service - The town will provide hauling services for brush removal (limbs/branches) by appointment. Call the Town Office at 410-775-2711 to set up an appointment. Residents will be responsible for loading brush items onto the truck.
- RECYCLING NOTICE: Residents should review the new "Plastic Bag Flyer" in relation to the use of plastic bags for recycling. This issue takes effect immediately.
- Union Bridge members speak about Deputy Brian Colussy
- PROPOSED “UTILITY SCALE SOLAR GENERATION FACILITY”
- Hughes Trash Removal: Trash and Recycling pick-up days are on Wednesdays.
Meetings begin at 7 PM
- January 25, 2021
- February 22, 2021
- March 22, 2021
- April 26, 2021
- May 24, 2021
- June 21, 2021
- July 26, 2021
- August 23, 2021
- September 27, 2021
- October 25, 2021
- November 22, 2021 - AGENDA
- December 13, 2021
Council Work Session:
Meetings begin at 6:30 PM
- January 11, 2021
- February 8, 2021
- March 8, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- May 10, 2021
- June 14, 2021
- July 12, 2021
- August 16, 2021
- September 13, 2021
- October 4, 2021
- November 8, 2021 - AGENDA
- December - CANCELLED
Planning & Zoning Commission:
Meetings begin at 6:30 PM
- January 21, 2021
- February 18, 2021
- March 18, 2021
- April 15, 2021
- May 20, 2021
- June 17, 2021
- July 15, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- September 16, 2021
- October 21, 2021
- November 18, 2021 - AGENDA
- December 16, 2021
West Carroll Rec Council:
Dream Big Union Bridge:
Meetings are held the 1st Monday of every month at St. James Lutheran Church, Social Hall starting promptly at 6:00 pm (if the Monday falls on a holiday, the meeting will be the following Monday)
Everyone is Welcome as it is a Volunteer Organization.
For more information: 443-340-6305 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A new service is being provided by Trout's Market that provides delivery of food items to the area. For more information, see the flyer here.
The Carroll County Sheriff's Office has provided an "End of Year Review" for police activity in our community. This information is provided annually.