Settled as a farming community well before the Revolutionary War, Union Bridge was chartered by the Maryland General Assembly on May 2, 1872.
The town’s leading industries are the Lehigh Portland Cement Company and the Maryland Mid-land Railroad located on North Main Street.
Visit our "History" page for more information about our small and beautiful communities past.
As of June 8, 2020, the Town Hall Foyer is open to the public. Face Masks are required when you enter the foyer, remember to practice social distancing and use hand sanitizer.
During this challenging time, as we deal with the impacts of COVID-19, the Town of Union Bridge will continue to provide essential services for our residents. During this period of social distancing, the Town encourages using a telephone, email communication, and use of the “DropBox” rather than face to face interaction.
Town Council meetings, Work Session meetings and Planning and Zoning meetings will be held utilizing "GoToMeeting". Login information will be posted on the Town's website, the Town Hall Front Door and the Information Kiosk at the Town square.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty due to COVID-19 and need to discuss your water/sewer payment, please call Union Bridge Town Hall at 410-775-2711. During this challenging time, the Town will not be turning water off for non-payment. However, you will still be responsible for water/sewer payment, and it is your responsibility to contact the Clerk-Treasurer 410-775-2711 or email at email@example.com to discuss a payment plan.
News & Notices:
2020 - Fourth Quarter Newsletter
- CARES Act - For information about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, visit this link to the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce website:
- Solar Project Status
- Annual Water Quality Report
- Veteran Tribute
A tribute, 51 years overdue for a hometown Vietnam War hero, has been erected along Route 75 near Shepherds Mill Road, honoring his sacrifice for our country. Russell Milberry was drafted and arrived in Vietnam just 2 days before his 20th birthday and died just 5 days later. Visit the following link for more about Russell:
- New Service - The town will provide hauling services for brush removal (limbs/branches) by appointment. Call the Town Office at 410-775-2711 to set up an appointment. Residents will be responsible for loading brush items onto the truck.
- RECYCLING NOTICE: Residents should review the new "Plastic Bag Flyer" in relation to the use of plastic bags for recycling. This issue takes effect immediately.
- Union Bridge members speak about Deputy Brian Colussy
- PROPOSED “UTILITY SCALE SOLAR GENERATION FACILITY”
- Hughes Trash Removal: Trash and Recycling pick-up days are on Wednesdays.
Meetings begin at 7 PM
- January 25, 2021
- February 22, 2021
- March 22, 2021
Council Work Session:
Meetings begin at 6:30 PM
- January 11, 2021 - Agenda
- February 8, 2021
- March 8, 2021
Planning & Zoning Commission:
Meetings begin at 6:30 PM
- January 21, 2021
- February 18, 2021
- March 18, 2021
West Carroll Rec Council:
Dream Big Union Bridge:
Meetings are held the 1st Monday of every month at St. James Lutheran Church, Social Hall starting promptly at 6:00 pm (if the Monday falls on a holiday, the meeting will be the following Monday)
Everyone is Welcome as it is a Volunteer Organization.
For more information: 443-340-6305 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A new service is being provided by Trout's Market that provides delivery of food items to the area. For more information, see the flyer here.
The Carroll County Sheriff's Office has provided an "End of Year Review" for police activity in our community. This information is provided annually.